not exactly

Monday, January 17, 2005

 

late night movies

It's 1 in the morning, I'm an insomniac, so what am I to do? Flip between two versions of "I love the 90's," of course. Version number one is VH1's "I love '91" and version number two is this cute little number from 1995, a movie about gay man.

Cue ogling a tight-shorted crotch at the gym. Cue shopping, an older faggot (isn't that the guy from Star Trek?), a really weird proposition, references to AIDS, and, of course, the fact that gay people don't have relationships; we just have sex.

And all of this in the first 10 minutes.

The writer deserves an award for fitting that many stereotypes into such a short amount of time. It's just too bad I had to run downstairs to write about it instead of seeing what he had in store for the next hour and a half.

(By the way, an appearance by Mother Theresa was also shoved into the first eight minutes, but I'm not sure what that has to do with gay stereotypes.)





<< Home

Archives

January 2005   February 2005   March 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?